Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jockamo's Pizza

Today has been a good & productive day. I ran errands. I helped two middle schoolers with their spelling & vocabulary homework. I taught the Spanish alphabet to six elementary students and they actually really enjoyed it...more than I thought they would, thats for sure! I went to Goodwill and found an AWESOME big basket for only $3 to hold all of our library books & CDs. I decided it wasn't a good idea to mix them in the bookshelves. I was able to sneak into Afterschool and see a few kiddos from the summer! I just love, LOVE, love children from the city, there's something about them that makes them way cuter, funnier, & way more entertaining! I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me a partner that agrees wholeheartedly and I'm so thankful that the Lord put us both right in the heart of the city, where there is a need to love children and feed them the gospel. We're so blessed.

I had such a pleasant surprise today. A lady from my church asked me last week when I could have lunch with her out of the blue & for no particular reason. She just wanted to get to know me. I knew that we were going to go out for lunch, her treat, but I had no idea she wanted to take me to Jockamo's Pizza. Jockamo's Pizza is this little cute hole-in-the-wall place next to boutique shops & Starbucks. I have been wanting to go to Jockamo's Pizza for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. I mean every since I started working/living on the near eastside of Indy. And this has been 2 years. Everyone rants and raves about how good their pizza is and everytime James & I drive by I always say something about how I've ALWAYS wanted to go there and I give him a little pouty lip hoping we could just park the car and go in no matter what time it is. Everytime, James just looks at me and smiles and says "Someday when we're rich..." The Lord blessed me beyond belief today for two reasons. A.) to eat Jockamo's Pizza. (which was delicious!) B.) to have someone willing to invest their time, energy, & money in me and want to get know me as a sister in christ.

God is so good. Its amazing what the Lord will bless you with when you're willing to wait. Even for Jockamo's Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment