Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For......

I found this great website called sittercity.com and what happens is parents post a childcare need & sitters post their profile and can apply to these nanny/babysitting jobs that come up in your area. Its great because parents can really screen the candidates by looking at sitters' profiles and if they want, they can buy a background check for the sitter. I love it because I can pick and choose what jobs I want to apply for based on the pay, where its located, how many children, and what kind of childcare they're really looking for (nanny, afterschool, date nights, etc).

Well, I've been praying about working, just to add a little to the income & so I'm not bored to death every day at home by myself. So, I made a Sittercity profile just to see what opportunities would come of it. Well, I applied to three jobs, all of which had low committment, paid REALLY well, and were within 10 miles of my house. Within 24 hours, I got responses from all three moms wanting me to come meet them and their children in the same week. I was a little overwhelmed. For some reason, I didn't think every "job" would work out. So, I told one mom no, because it was too far, but I told the other two mom's, "Okay, I'll meet with you." Today, I met with two moms and it looks like I have 5 babysitting jobs within ONE WEEK!! I really had no idea what I was getting myself into....

The first mom has three kids, 3, 1, and 2 months. She definitely has her hands full. For a couple days this week, I am just helping her around the house, but mostly keeping her kids occupied while she gets things done. She's not a believer and has a very different lifestyle & method of raising children. However, I do LOVE all the IKEA furniture & home decor she has in her house.

James & I both met with the second mom and her fiance at Panera this evening. Their daughter is 5 months old and she is such a cutie! James & I were highly impressed with this couple and their daughter. They covered all the bases, plus more! I was amazed that she said it is completely okay if James and I both watch their daughter sometimes; they actually encouraged it. They are getting married in Costa Rica on the beach in Jan. (so cool!) and a lot of their family is flying down to see the wedding! I'm really looking forward to watching their daughter, Sage, on Thursday night and getting to know them as a family.

I pray that the Lord leads with both of these non-believing families. If its only temporary, let it be; but if He wants a friendship with these families to grow & last, I pray that I will be a light to them.

I'm thankful for both of these opportunities this week, especially for the money! But, I will say be careful what you ask for...because you might just get that & more!

1 comment:

  1. you should update your blog more often. I know you've been in a whirlwind lately though!
    I have ambitions to start a blog but I just know I will not be able to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete